HybridZ

mistakes made and mistakes avoided

typhoone

I saw something like this on another forum for ls1s and stuff, but if figure since i am going to be working on a vg30et and not an ls1 this could be helpful to me plus anyone else who reads it. So basically, what mistakes have you made? it can be anything from a performance part that didn't live up to its name, or anything else that you just really wish you hadn't done. Also, what mistakes have you come close to making but the hybridz community helped you avoid?

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I've witnessed, and this isn't from personal experience, but the most common mistake I've seen people make is that they run too much boost with an inadequate fuel system. People take the 12-14psi boost limit on the stock fuel system as gospel, not taking into account that thier fuel pump is 20 years old and probably not keeping up the required base fuel pressure. Also include blocked/leaking injectors and other fuel delivery issues, it's always important to make sure that your fuel system is up to scratch before demanding more out of it...