HybridZ

Radar Warning in San Francisco!!

RacerX

Today Thursday, Jan 11, 2007 at 11:30am I was heading south on Park Presidio and just as I get into Golden Gate Park/19th ave., and round the bend I noticed in a distance a couple of policemen standing on the grass. I also noticed the cars starting to bunch up as if an accident occurred. That's when I noticed the posture of the police and realized they were holding radar guns. As I rounded the bend to the 25th ave., junction to 19th ave., I saw more than a half dozen "solos" - or policemen on motorcycles. More than a handful were scrambling to pull out and started pulling over quite a few cars. Fortunately for me I drive a van and don't drive fast!!

Just passing the info for those that drive "briskly" thru this area! Please be on guard.

Ernie/RacerX

Ernie: Remembering back to the days of my youth, running down 19th and racing the "Brotherhood" or even the occassional run out by the old "Playland Windmill" draws me right back. As I recall...those traffic signals were pre-set for 35 MPH. If someone was to go faster than the posted Prema-Facia, they would definately get caught up in and/or start running reds. So, either there has been a particular problem with recent TC's in that area, or the local SFPD Precincts' Watch Commander is trying to generate more revenue for the City Council again...LOL!

Probably the later of the two! LOL