HybridZ

intake plenum

typhoone

I am sure some people are getting sick of me posting, and for those people i am very sorry but i am doing my best to make sure that i have everything planned from the very beginning of my build. Just wondering, i have little to no skills when it comes down to welding etc and i was wondering if any member is willing to or knows of a company that can gut my intake plenum. I read that it can add up to 8% hp and if manage to get up to 300 hp, and extra 24 peak hp is more than welcome. So, please let me know if someone can do it or if i will have to find someone around here and PRAY that they don't destroy my plenum.

-Typhoone

Guest Sharkracer

Boring, gutting, same thing. Did you read the article? It takes away material from inside the plenum. This is the only way to do it without cutting open the manifold.

• 2 weeks later...

Extrude honing will simply smooth out the internals and remove the rough parts. It won't actually remove too much material.

I've seen 4 different companies do the plenum gutting, and they all charge roughly the same price, about $400. The gutted plenum is actually larger in size internally. But there is still the issue of the smaller elbow after the throttle body. I'm not sure if any of the companies actually smooth that area out or enlarge it as well.

The flow data isn't dyno numbers, but it will give an indication of what to expect.

http://redz31.com/pages/plenums.html

I found a old maxima with a vg30 in it at the only "you pull it junkyard" around here, im taking the intake plenum this weekend or sometime soon... the place said 11 bucks for it, pimp. im not gutting it just going to use it as is... any thing is better than the stock one, and it doesnt have elbow. most likely it will sit in my room till I upgrade turbo and all that stuff... but I dont know if 400 bucks for a gutten plenum has a real good price to power ratio as apposed to cams or bigger turbo or w/e for 400 thats engine crap. unless you have all that then go for it.

• 2 months later...