HybridZ

RB25DET series 2 harness

alexideways

Hey all! I just finished tagging every wire in my series 2 harness and I'm puzzled by a few things.

:?: 1-Why are the injector grounds all clustered in a brown connector?????

A: Because, there's too many of them, to use a normal splice.

:?: 2-I have a purple plug on my intake manifold, that has 1 solid yellow wire that goes to ???? somewhere on the chassis and 1 solid grey wire that goes from there to PIN 36 in the ECM but, when I check the pinout that I have, PIN 36 is marked as (-) or not used.

When I check the pinout from the RB26 wich shares the same ECM plug as the RB25, PIN 36 is marked as (IAT sensor sign.) I'm a bit confused here.

A:

It's for the a/c... I believe it bumps up the idle or helps stablize the idle when there is more load on the engine (when a/c is on).

:?: 3- I have some kind of a shunt, or I don't know what, that was tapped to my power transisor control signal plug and I can't find where it was plugged.

A: It's a plug designed for use with a factory style timing light. Thus, making it a good place to plug your TACH adapter that RHUMNHAMMER refers to in his RB25 wiring guide.

Thanks.

EDIT: I compiled all the info and answers, I got from different members, in the original post and asked them to delete there posts and so did I, to give easy access to the info for the ones in the need.

2152_thumb.attach

2153_thumb.attach

2166_thumb.attach

2167_thumb.attach