HybridZ

1" impact from HF for $100 worth it?

mobythevan

I ended up with a 2 and 1/2 ton truck with budd wheels and using 6 foot cheater pipes is kicking my butt(I only weigh 150). I need to do brakes on the whole truck so I'm thinking the 1" impact is worth a try for ~ $100. I have a big compressor that will flow 10CFM steady(the tool says 12-14cfm, so may only get 1 or two off and then wait). I also have it set up with a 1/2 inch hose for the 100lb sandblaster. Do you guys think that will be big enough hose? I am waffling on the decision because it will be like another $75 to get a 3/4 inch hose and plumb it all into my air compressor. And I'm not sure the Harbor Freight cheapo impact will really do the lugs and studs. Any opinions? The specs say the lugs should be around 600ft/lbs for steel wheels:icon52: .

I work at a Pete dealership with a guy who bought that gun. Hes had NO problems with it so far. Yes the 1/2" hose will be enough to get good power out of it. Not sure what those wheels have to be tourqued at, Petes are tourqed to 450 ft lbs, so that gun should be MORE than strong enough.

I work at a Pete dealership with a guy who bought that gun. Hes had NO problems with it so far. Yes the 1/2" hose will be enough to get good power out of it. Not sure what those wheels have to be tourqued at, Petes are tourqed to 450 ft lbs, so that gun should be MORE than strong enough.

Thanks, I was hoping someone had seen one in action. I am still debating about it, but I think I will get one and I will check on their warranty just in case.

You should Megasquirt the impact driver. Throw a little fuel injector in it then safty wire a beenie weenie can of gas to the side of it.

I just can't megasquirt my way out of this one, careful how you interpret that :)

EDIT: I just noticed they list a single hammer version for $99 and a twin hammer for $119, I'll get the twin hammer version