HybridZ

making a Z hood scoop question

V8_DatZun

looking at my dads 77 Z the hood kind of already looks like it has a small scoop on it already the way it is shaped.. cowl like scoop... i told him he should try and lay foam over that.. and shape it to keep the original shape just make it raise 3 inches or so then fiberglass it up... has anyone does this? and does it look right being so skinny? (keeping original width staying between the hood vents)

Guest 280ZForce

well they do make a hood like this... the 1 cozy z cole mentioned.

I just picked this up recently and gonna modify it a lil bit, but this is how the hood looks now...just laying on the car not bolted and latched down.

Click thumbnails to enlarge...

th_IMG_1087a.jpg th_IMG_1146a.jpg

th_IMG_1013a.jpg th_IMG_1133a.jpg

I have some custom hood louvers I bought that are huge (31" long x 15" wide and about 2.5-3" deep)... I have my friend photoshop them in for me and paint the hood and vents how I want them. Gonna look something like this for a visual...

Top view......................Angled view

th_version2.jpg th_final-version2-angle.jpg

But I have seen people just buy a cowl induction scoop and mold it into the hood and then cut part of the hood away for the air filter to stick up through under the cowl. I'll try to find some pics I have of them to give you ideas.

Guest 280ZForce
Hey Justin,

Are you going to paint that hood black or red? I think black would look cool.

OTM...I edited my post above to tell about and show some photoshop versions of how the final hood will look.

But I will prolly have it satin black like my bumpers and flares until I can afford the paint.

280ZForce - The hood looks good on your car, and the planned hood scoops and paint will fit right in with the look of your car.

see...that bottom left one is EXACTLY what I had envisioned and done some sketches of...

It keeps the stock bulge while adding cowl induction.

That hood has been around for a while from John Washington.

http://www.reactionresearch.com/subtlez.html

thats what i had envisioned too OTM.. stock bulge only taller for a cowl induction look... my dad is more of a DIY guy lol.. he doesnt buy stuff unless he has to.. he'd rather make it if he can.. thats why i was asking if anyone had a pic of this type hood.. Thanks for the replies and pics!