HybridZ

HHHEELLPPP!! No spark!!! traced everything

Specs - Megasquirt n Spark 2.2pcb 021u code. 83 dizzy, GM HEI and stock igniton coil.

Ok.. I was driving down the road.. and all of a sudden the car died.

I pulled into a neighboorhood and began some tests.. I have fuel pressure.. the plugs are wet so it is spraying fuel.

I pulled the spark plugs.. NO spark.

I pulled the spark electrode wire out of the coil.. and since I had no multimeter I cranked it and held onto the electrode, I definatly got one hell of a shock. I assumed it was a cap/rotor. So i replaced the cap and rotor... and no spark!

Hmm.. I tested the coil again and there was no spark and no shock ;)

Now to source it down... the coil is an original 1978 coil, So i replaced it with a MSD Blaster 2 coil. Car fired right up, drove it home, died in my driveway. No longer ran, and would no start.

I am assuming it was the GM HEI setup, so I put in a NEW GM HEI module.. still no start.

The problem is, I am not getting any spark out of the coil.. and is not sending any spark to the dizzy.

My only other assumption is the DIZZY is bad.. and is not sending a signal to Megasquirt. So I measured the voltage on the GM HEI to see what was going on.

1722510440.jpg

(INCLUDED IS A DIAGRAM TO HELP)

B (goes to + of the coil) = 12v

C (goes to the - of the coil) = 12v

W (GM HEI ground) = 0v (obviously its a ground)

G (attaches to Megasquirt) >>>

[ 1)On initial turn key to ACC, the fuel pump primes, and the voltage is 12v for a few seconds. I am assuming MS is sending an signal to the GM HEI which is why I can sense voltage.

2) In addition I can read 12v while cranking at this terminal.

3) The voltage reads ZERO (0 volts) when the key is on ACC and the ignition is live, untill I crank.]

Now.. I have NOT read the voltage from the dizzy to megasquirt since I am getting postive voltage from MS to the GM unit (if the dizzy is bad will this still show a reading?!)

The coil reads 12v and is getting power.

Could this be a problem with 1) Megasquirt? 2) DIZZY 3)coil wiring ??