HybridZ

How much hp would i have????

typhoone

Okay, i am about to finally get my 85 Z, and i was just wondering with a T3/To4E 60 trim AR .60 hybrid turbocharger with a compressor side from a 1980's Grand National, 9 psi manually set boost around how much hp would that net me? I am under the impression that that and the stage 3 clutch in it are the only real performance mods, and i was trying to find out about how much pick up and go that would be. Thanks for any and all help.

Ps. - i did search, but i only found 1 thread and that one had no mention of hp numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Too many variables to really help you. Why are you only going to be running 9psi? The advantages of running a bigger turbo are to allow more boost. The stock T3 will handle up to about 15 psi before efficiency really takes a turn for the worse. The stock electronics and ECU is good to about 12psi.

But a rough estimate would be about 200 to 230 at the rear wheels depending on the size exhaust you plan on using.

i don't plan on only running 9 psi, that is just what it is set at right now. I plan on kicking it up to around 15-17 psi as soon as i get the intake gutted and get a 3 inch turbo back exhaust, get a new ecu (jwt) and an intercooler. I was just trying to find out around how much it is going to have when i get it because that is what the guy is running it at right now.