HybridZ

Starter for ZZ4

quote:

Originally posted by madmanadam:

Was wondering what starter to use on a ZZ4 engine.

Does anyone one have a part number or price.

I just want to make sure I have the right set up.

Thanks

Soon go Zoom

good to see you madmanadam!

Funny, I got my flexplate donated from a friends ZZ4 in Everett smile.gif It's the smaller of the two offerings, 153 tooth 12-3/4" AIR. Many vettes' and 305 camaro's had this starter. Just tell them you want a starter for a 153 tooth flywheel. Any true starter rebuilder should know in a flash which ones you can pick from. I'd setup a remote Ford Solenoid at the same time. What's the info on your buildup? New build or just a different V8 going in or.....

Plan on any track fun? Events in WA have started up already. I enjoy lapping days at SIR etc.....be great to have another Z out and about to keep the new iron in line;^)

------------------

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Just bought the ZZ4, The engine I had in my Z had to go back into the truck. More power for the Z. Remote starter on fire wall where the battery was.

I want a mini starter, just looking for a good low cost one. Need to look at the block

to see if the hole are off set or inline.

Adam

Track days at sir? When? I can hear cars sometimes when they run on the roadcoarse at sir. I would love to see a v8z out there (I have never seen a v8z at all) and see how it goes. I am a year away from my 351 z running I think. I am building it for open coarse events, autox and drag racing for fun.

I'd take a look at what JTR found to work. Not all of the starters out there are made alike and while some form of mini-starter might work I'm not sure they've quite got OEM quality working for them. I'm going to use a starter meant for the Impalla SSCaprice for mine. JTR lists the weights but I've not got it handy - figure a mini might save say 2-3lbs max. (shrug) Heh, starter is one of my next purchases smile.gif