HybridZ

Lightweight SBC ideas...

[

383 build is next week, after that I have a proposed 434 build for a hybridz member, so after that if I win the lottery your in. Well, maybe you win the lottery and your in.

Got my ticket in hand.

Was hoping that you had some tricks up your sleeve concerning a factory block. I'll just play with the "Brock" motor untill I cash in this ticket then.

Keep me in mind if you go to the "F" side.:wink:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now look what you did Mike. You pooped on the thread.

Anyhow. Doc to repeat. How much would it cost to do a small block Chevy motor to match the 12K Ford motor?

(QUOTE)But for the purpose of this thread and general disscussion, What would it take to get matching torque and H/P numbers with our target chevy block?

Im guessing less but, Im just wondering.

Is the 12K Ford motor streetable?

Yes.

What I was trying to get out of Doc was this.

He stated that he wanted to do a Ford small block to see what "he" could get out of it if it was built to the hilt.

I told him that I would be interested in purchasing it or financing the build. 12 K was what he came up with.

My question is...what monies would it take to build a Chevy small block that would match the Ford build with respect to horsepower. I expect it to be less but was wondering.

I built an all "Brock" FSB for 3,450 including the machine work. And that is everything from carb to oil pump. Now mind you it's a streetable configuration but is way far from mild. At least what I consider mild.

12K is not too much for a "premium" build. But is it streetable?

That was my other question.

For 7K we can easily surpass the HP and TQ goal with just 406 cubic inches of sbc. That's sad IMO for the fords, which is the main reason I don't do fords unless they are trick.

My all time favorite ford engine that I ever built was the 427 ford side oiler! The 390/428 is a close second with the Clevors coming in third. Fords lack of 4 bolt mains is the big drawback and the lack of good flowing heads relegates us to using aftermarket heads to achieve any big HP numbers.

how about a 500rwhp motor for under $3000?

Gen III/IV 6.0 with heads and cam will be there..

Do you know anyone selling a low mile LSx for less than $2K... or one already with the upgrades for $3K?

i dont know how many miles it has on it.

right now i have the LQ4, will be putting Katech rod bolts in it, have brand new 243 heads w/ new valves, Patriot dual gold springs, ARP head studs, GM MLS headgasket, maybe a G5x3 like i have in my Fbody. i also have a stock LS1/A4 from another car, and im debating what to do..