HybridZ

How bout a R180 HP/Torque poll

gretchen/jason

Just got curious about a R180 when i saw the R200 poll . Just say what ya got and how long ya been using the R180 as i hear it is weaker then the R200 of course but im curious .

Me ive got 320 horses and 345 ft lbs of torque to the tires been running the R180 for a bit over a year now sometimes with slicks at the strip/back street for tunning purpose only !!!

I know its not much power and torque but maybe someone has a HP/TORQE limit they hit before the R180 snaped .

Jason

I didn`t have a problem breaking the diff itself, what I had a problem with was snapping stub axels in half( the bolt in type).I hear the soild CV joint type hold up much better.Thats what the 510 crowd says about the R180.I ended up going to a R200 with a NISMO LSD and never looked back.

have an sbc running simmilar figures to yours.

no breakages since i have owned it 2+ years and has been installed since 1985 (road legal too).

only thing the PO said he broke was a moustach bar mounting pin that comes from the body, has an auto trans so no problems with idiots dropping clutches as they feel.

the 4 pinion r180 tends to be really stout its just the stock 2 pinion opens that tend to break. getting the lsd 4 pinion carrier tends to 'cure' there wear nature.

as for the 510 idiots, well they are pretty brutal when it comes to driveline, if their engine wont out power they will just rev harder and drop the clutch.:eek: :eek:

The R180 died on mine before I even got it here so I had the seller arrange for an R200 swap. My 350 SBC was putting out about 300/300. Transmission was a TH350 and stock converter.