HybridZ

VG30DE to VG30DETT

Guest MASSappeal

Guest MASSappeal

wasup people. Im not a Z owner yet but com tommorrow im kissing my Civic goodbye for a nice NA 300ZX. The main thing i wanted to change though was the NA. Now i can get the VG30DETT engine fromhttp://www.enginelandinc.com for $1250 but what i was hoping to find out is would it be cheaper converting the NA to TT or just going for the TT swap. I found info on the TT conversion here...

http://ashspecz.com/gallery/slicktop/Na-TTConversion/natoturbo.htm

but that sure seems like alot...a bit more than i expected.

Guest MASSappeal

another thing is that its an automatic and is the VG30DETT gonna have problems bolting up to the auto tranny or is everything gravy like TeamNissan is sayin'?

Man I was always told that the TT had a different tranny. I just bought a 1991 TT and the automatic tranny is slipping. Is there any other swaps out there. Are there any trannys out there that can handle the power. I'd like to know. I love these cars. I got the car from a friend. Basically a one owner family. His moms car then his uncle then his car. Now mine. hahahaha got it at a steal hope I can make it run 12's and just cruse it. any help would be appreciated TeamNissan or any one hahaha.

Thanks Jeff

Guest TeamNissan

The automatic trannys on the tt and na are EXACTLY the same. If its slipping its most likely the tq converter. It goes befor anything on the 90-96 300zx.

Are you sure about that? I know the manual trannies are the same but the I thought there was a difference in the auto trannies...

Either way though, the stock auto trannies always tend to be weak but they can be easily built up to handle power. Just have to drop some money into it at a performance tranny shop and you'll be set. A definite good upgrade would be a tranny cooler. The stock ones never seem to suffice.