HybridZ

SHO-long!

MusPuppis

Yet another bad spin on the SHO's name..

I sold her today for 1700$, lol, new paint and all to an old fellow I work with. I have some solace in the fact the car will be taken care of, but she'll likely never see anything over 1/2 peddle again..

As of now, for the first time since I was 17 I am totally car less. Ive been without a running vehicle before (way too often.. lol) but never without ANY vehicle.. Its an odd feelin to be sure.

Good news is all my bills are paid! I'm no longer being evicted and not in any danger of having to leave school, lol, which would be the motivation for selling the SHO which I would MUCH rather have kept. After all is said and done I should be able to add *about* 800$ to my end-of-february-financialaid-car-fund putting me a tad over 5 grand, IF everything works out as planned. I get two more pay checks before the FA is due to completely arrive so they should easily take care of the gas I have to pay my friends to drive me around for a few weeks, lol. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to take some money out of them, a couple hundred and toss it into the fund as well.. Man, if I had a working budget of 5500$ I would be in heaven.

Still undecided on just what I want to buy though. Its really looking to come down to a 1st gen DSM or 95+ Trans Am. Problem is, I put alot of miles on a car.. Having a weekly round trip commute of about 160 miles + that again in general driving.. I'd like to get a little beater car of some form to drive around.. I dunno. Hell, if I could find a DSM for around 2500$ I could buy a damn Miata (I REALLY WANT ONE, they just slow slow slow) as a DD if I could find one around 2k.

Oh well. The SHO is still in the drive way actually, I have to pull my stereo out of it and such and the old man wont take it off my hands for another week, though he has the signed title and Ive been paid. I'm praying to get a decent day to wash the hell out of and take some pics before its gone. I dont have any pics of it once I got it painted, haha.

Anyone within about 200 miles of Ky selling something on the cheap? lol,

Sorry to hear you're carless. But I truly respect you for doing the difficult thing by selling your car to pay your bills. Good on ya' mate!! As the Aussies and Kiwis would say.

Good luck with your next find. I hope you locate an incredibly good deal. You deserve a break today... as the McDonal*'s commercial says.