HybridZ

ST Sway Bars

I just got my rear sway bar on and went on to the front one but Im having trouble with it. Holes for the frame mounts arent lining up. I tried pinching the clamp over the bushing but I couldnt get the holes close enough. Anyone else have this problem?? Help? They are Suspension Techniques 1 1/8 front and 7/8 rear.

No tires are up in the air but still it wouldnt make a difference on the frame mounts. The metal clamp wont pinch together enough so I can get both bolts in strait. Its because the poly bushing is so thick that the holes dont match up. I think today Im just gonna end up drilling holes all the way through the frame and welding thicker metal plates on each side to reinforce it since I need some type of reinforcement anyways.

I think today Im just gonna end up drilling holes all the way through the frame and welding thicker metal plates on each side to reinforce it since I need some type of reinforcement anyways.

I had this done on my car. I had John at Bad Dog Parts modify his sway bar plates for me. He added a piece of metal across the top, so now the plate slips over both the top and bottom of the frame rail. I then took the car to a shop that specializes in rod building and weld them in.

Before they welded them in though, I had them cut out a portion of the top rail and insert steel tubes through the rail.

As for the bracket, the ST brackets should be slotted. I did not have a problem with their kit for my 240z.