HybridZ

LS block Dry Sump

http://members.iquest.net/~aca/ That's the link to Algie Composite Aircraft. I read about this in the Jan '07 C&D. This guy/company is making carbonfiber airplanes... that use the LS1/LS2/LS6 blocks anyway. I was looking through the pictures when I came across a picture of a carbon fiber oil pan for a dry sump oiling system. I figured that some of you LS guys would be super interested in this, not to mention his turbocharging system. Anyway, thought it'd do somebody some good.

Pvt. Dear

There is some gorgeous work in there.

img06.jpg

img15.jpg

but I don't know about that dry sump for a car. I can see they could not afford the sump clearance, but there are two problems that I see. First, the oil pan is considered a structural member on an LS motor, so may need some type of girdle to pick up strength that may be lost from that carbon fibre pan.

Second, unless you want to run a prop it looks like you will need to use a different pump than they do. this is their oil pump

img13.jpg

and pan

img11.jpg