HybridZ

Swap opinions.

alsil

so you guys know I've been mulling over some swaps for a while, that way when I get down to it I know exactly what I'm in for and can keep it to a decent budget.

The 2 I've really been thinking about:

Z32 NA Coupe with an LSx and T56

S14 Coupe with an LSx and T56

and maybe if I have the money:

mid 90's RX7 (don't know the model name) with, you guessed it, and LSx and T56.

I think there are swap kits for all 3, which one is the one with the least stress, roadblocks, etc? I've read that the S14 rear suspensions drop out and the Q45 rears drop right in, and also that the S14 rear will hold up to an LSx pretty well unless you really beat on 'em.

I really am leaning towards later models, but I don't want to have the wiring and smog hassles (even though in WA I'm not sure that I'd have that much trouble) that come with later models.

What do you guys think? I don't doubt my mechanical skills, I just don't want a serious headache again. I want to be able to ENJOY the car this time!!!! :mrgreen::burnout:

S14 or a Gen II RX7. I think both can be had rather cheap, especially the RX7. last gen RX7 are still kinda pricey. Kits make it easier, which is why I didn't want to spend the time engineering something I could buy for not much $$$.

BTW, are you totally against a Z this time around? You know, there was a 240Z with a swapped 5.0 motor, nearly done for $1900 on Craigslist just the other week? You could have bought that and just finished it, Al.

Davy

I'm thinking more late-model, and I've been seriously impressed with the LS motors.

I don't have the money now, I gotta wait a few more months still. My wife's still in school.

Why not the Z32? That's actually where I'm leaning the most to.

• Like 1

You know, there was a 240Z with a swapped 5.0 motor, nearly done for $1900 on Craigslist just the other week

That Z was on there for awhile, but according to his most recent listing (a 5.0 and AOD for $900), the Z was sold without the engine and tranny.

• Like 1

I'm thinking more late-model, and I've been seriously impressed with the LS motors.

Why not the Z32? That's actually where I'm leaning the most to.

Maybe buying an NA car would be 'cheap.' They have good lines too. Eh, something to think about. In my book, if the wife likes the car, that's the one to get...

Davy