HybridZ

Just got my 72 240z home.. :)

cloudxps

Guest SlickSW20

Congrats on the car!

I'm another SoCal Z owner, kinda been a lurker on the board since I picked my car up a few months ago, but I'd like to get a little more active on here and check out some SoCal meets!

you know, these Z guys seem pretty cool. On another note finding a L28 is actually kinda tough. I havent seen anything around my area really. Well I got the car all stripped and I patched the one area that needed on the driver footwell and i wirewheeled the inside good then I spray some dupli color bed liner. That stuff worked great, it looks awesome stops rust and is a bit of a sound deadener pretty cool.

Guest SlickSW20

Wish I had some advice to give you re: finding an L28, but my Z had one when I bought it, so I didn't have to go through that whole searching process. Your project's looking great so far, though!

What's going on guys. I've been out there working on the Z quite a bit. I was looking at my motor today and I was wondering whats the most popular way to use an L24 besides as a big paperweight. Maybe I could get that motor running put it in my Z and learn somthing about those 6s. I'm going to search the site now but I wonder what can be done to get the most out of the L24. I'd consider anything from swapping carbs to just simple stuff. LMK thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Nice lookin' Z. I just picked up a '72 myself last weekend, but I was lucky enough to get a L28 with the car. It's a jigsaw puzzle though. Any exterior mods planned for your S30? With a welder I think you could have some fun. I wish I knew how to weld and had 220 in my garage. *Damn 70 year old house*

I'm in Moreno Valley myself.

A 302 Ford! What happend to the .... I wanna stick with the 6 I think it takes away from the character of the car if you put a v8 in. :lol:

Thats cool man as long as another Z dominates the streets of So Cal I'm happy.

Theres not to much you can do with the L24 If anything take the con rods out and use them for an L28 stroker build, sell the e88 on ebay but the block is scrap unless some member needs a spare.

Now if we ever get a dual over head cam head for the L engine then maybe the L24 could kick some serious but.

Welcome to the club

Matt- :rockon:

well i didnt want to put a v8 but ever since I joined hybridz all i've been doing is reading reading and more reading. This "is" for sure the best source of info on doing anything with a Z car. Seeing that I think I 302 would be cool since its hasnt been done as much as the chevy and its cost effective for me right now. on another note, I frenched in the rear roll pan. Cut out the bumper mounts that stick out and the recessed part for the bumper on both sides of the car on the rear quarter panels. I tack welded in pieces and blended it all in with bondo. I'll sand tomorrow I think ill get some more pics up. maybe the admin could move this thread for me if it warrants it. Thanks for all your comments.

-Thiago

*edit* zeiss, check out
me and my father-in-law did all the welding and fabricating on that car. We got a pretty well setup shop. If you ever need anything LMK man.
:icon32:

• 2 weeks later...

got some new pics of what ive done so far. they didnt come out very good. the light was bad outside today. got the rear strut bar welded in. The bumper is shaved and needs some sanding and I'm pretty sure its done. I'll find out when I spray some primer on it. The interior is all under coating and ready for assembly. Just need a driver window crank, and a dash cover. The engine bay is all cleaned up also and painted black with nasson chassis paint.

http://www.dayton-welding.com/datsun

Hey Thiago, Thanks for the offer. I've tried to go to that like a bunch of times but it needs a password and the other link doesn't have any pictures. How's your 302 coming?

I should have my bumpers back from the chromer on tuesday this week. He's only had them for 4 months :mad:. I need to get them back and on the Z before the MSA show on the 29th. Anyone eles going?

Matt-

Hye I guess my wife said the internet at home died and she called time warner and they had her reset the modem so I have to go home to see what the new IP is and get it setup with my DNS server :( Im up here with the Z at my in-laws and I live 68 miles away. The website should be up tonight. The 302 is coming along slowly. I got my HO FI intake on a trade. So the car will be fuel injected. ill keep u guys posted thanks