HybridZ

recomendations on cam and where to get headwork - sac area ca?3.1

24ounce

well the short block is done and now its head time

what head do you guys recomend for what reason and what should i be looking for cam wise

also where would you guys recomend getting the head worked

i am looking for all out performance daily drivablity is no issue

this is for a standard 3.1 fed by tripple dellort dhla that wants to go fast

also what should my price range be? just rough estimate - i am also willing to ship the head off somewhere as i know there are a few guys that specialize in this stuff and i know rebello is fairly close by

http://www.rebelloracing.com/

Good reputation only an hour away.

Or Member Braap on the board does some GORGEOUS work as well, he's in Oregon somewhere.

Cam wise do a search for NA cams and you'll find a LOT of threads discussing your application EXACTLY. Also, what is your compression on your block, type of block, type of head, realistic HP goals? These all play into the type of cam you're choosing. As for pricing, varies on the amount of work needed to the head, amount of work done to the head, and your performance goals to get from the head. Best of Luck,

Tyson

thanks i was planning on talking with the people over at rebello as they are just a drive down the road

as far as hp goals im not compleatly sure - i would like to break the car into the 12s in the 1/4 - if i can hit 12.9999 all will be well

as of right now im just using a n42 block with regular 9mm 240rod and regular ka24 pistons till i blow it up then ill probably look into some custom fordged junk

i know compression is effected by cam but im currently looking at somewhere around 10.5:1 - 11:1

it will be going in a series 1 240 with early zx5spd and an open r200 3.54 which will be one of the first things changed probably over to a 3.70lsd but we shall see what happens with that as i think i would like 390s or maybe in the 410 area more but 3.70lsd is easier to come by

the motor will be fed by tripple dellorto dhla 40s after all is set and tuned if i cant quite make my goal i plan to add a small direct port no2 system after some suspsion mods

as far as head and cam im totally lost but am doing some research and getting oppions this is for all out performance and not to be daily driven

any help is appriciated