HybridZ

Fixing squashed weatherstripping

GeeZ

The previous owner of my 280Z spent considerable money and time replacing all of weatherstrippping. The only problem I see is the rear hatch weatherstripping on the futherest outiside of the hatch. The weatherstripping is flattened, especially on top of the hatch. Is there an good way to re-curl the wetherstipping (make it curl up and out). I have tried to tapping it with duct tape (maybe I did not wait long enough). I did a search, but no long seems to have a solution todate.

Does it not seal correctly? It must be fairly skewed out of place for you to want to mess with it. I'm not sure the heat gun is the best application--the rubber doesn't really have plastic characteristics to it. I'm thinking of something crazy, like removing it and then reversing the placement, so that you run it the other direction, that way the flat/squashed part is not being crushed the same way. Eh, I'd have to see it...

Davy

My thought would be to cut it and fill it with some foam to gain the regidity back. Maybe a small hole and squeeze the foam into the hole.

You then halve to find why it got out of wack in the first place.