HybridZ

Ordered a JSK fuel rail

sltn87

Alright, I ordered me a JSK fuel rail for barbed type injectors so I can put it on my N42 manifold (which is not yet installed, still using webbed manifold), now I know there's a sticky on cleaning up the intake manifold plus I searched previous threads but there's still a few questions left to be answered in my case. On the stock manifold there's is an assortment of hoses I noticed that one leads to the charcoal canister, can I do away with the charcoal canister completly? Also I would like to know which bungs can I cap off? Lastly I have an aftermarket vaccum gauge that I would like to install, do I need to keep one of the manifold bungs for that? Thanks in advance, I apologize if this has already been asked.

IMGP0005-1.jpg

Guest 280ZForce

well honestly I wouldve gone with the barbed fuel rail from Pallnet, i've heard too many problems with leaking jsk rails but I could be wrong. I've just always stuck w/ pallnet rail and highly recommend it.

Even if you shave everything off and smooth it all out, you can then always cleanly put stuff back on it by drilling and tapping it and it would look much cleaner that way.

here's a n42 manifold I was using until I upgraded recently and how it was shaved off...probably could shaved some more off since i dont use the stock throttle linkage, but you get the point.

IMG_0018.jpg

I have a brand new JSK rail for sale because I ordered a barbed and then decided to have Juan make me a 14mm O-ring rail instead. Yes, JSK is back in the biz. Leaking rail? Well, that is entirely up to the installer using proper sealant on the threads...not the fault of JSK.

Guest 280ZForce

Yeah, I have seen that. Ain't that a trip? I think it's because those people don't know about his site and think that if they don't get 1 now, they might not get 1 for awhile cuz he only puts them on ebay every now and then, pretty rare now.