HybridZ

recreating the wheel, oil return line size

bobbyc

i'm gonna take my oil pan and create a bung or buy one and weld it to the pan in place of the stock piece of pipe stickin out...this way i can run AN fittings and hose from turbo to pan....stock looks to be like 3/4"-1" or so....i was wondering what would be a good size for the return...i can tap my own pipe or purchase bungs....but am just wondering what would be a good size? is 1/2" big enough?

thanks all

I think you will find that the turbo is too close to the oil pan to make running AN line practical at all. The SS line is doesnt flex much and by the time you start putting your fittings on the end you have a piece that is 3" long. I tried it once and it was a pain in the arse. If you do decide to do it though I would suggest getting an outlet on the turbo that has the AN bung on it... I think I have one laying around if you want it. Dont do the pipe fitting - AN

I run some nice quality 5/8" Silicon hose from ATP and its been working great.

I had a AN bung welded to my oil pan (dont see many turbo pans over here anyway) i then used the standar t3 oil inlet and had it drilled and taped for a AN fitting as well and that bolted straight up to the oil drain on the GT35R turbo.

But im not entirely happy with it as the hose didnt have enough drop to the oil pan, so im gonna cut the flange off my manifold and have a T3 flange welded on or change my turbo to something with a T4 flange.