HybridZ

need help mounting a spoiler

Guest Luigi

Guest Luigi

I just got the MSA front spoiler "with bumper detail". So before I wind up with a bunch of stuff in the scrap pile, I thought I'd ask for help. It doesn't appear to mount over the bumper. Anyone else use this? I'm not worried about the lights since this is for Maxton. just wann get it on there and then off to the painters.

thanks

Luigi

Guest Luigi

Yeah, I kinda figured since the bumper is a different arc than the spoiler. I guess after that I'm on my own making supports and mounts.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't want to start building stuff only to find a simple solution.

Luigi

I'm assuming you mean the MSA Type II airdam. If so you have to completely remove the old bumber. You don't don't need to make any brackets, but you will need 6 sets of bolts/washers/lock washers/nuts. I forget what size I used, but here's what I did.

After taking off the bumper and the lower valence( which also has to come off) I got someone to help me hold the air damn in place in the desired location and got underneath the front of the car. Using A marker I marked the holes for the bolts in the airdamn by drawing circles through the back of the holes in the headlightbuckets, left by the bolts you remove to take off the stock lower valence. You should then have six circles marked on the inside of the air dam. Drill these out and then go to the hardware store and get bolts and the assorted nuts and washers that will fit in the holes.

I'm thinking I might have used 5/16 sized stainless steel bolts. Then bolt on the airdam. You should probably trim the excess fiberglass out of the wheel well areas as well as sanding the sides so that it sits flush against the body. Good luck!