HybridZ

turbo on a chevy 283 motor

Guest bouncer

Guest bouncer

Hello, After reading some of posts on 283's and 327's I guess I'm one of those people that love the high reving mouse motors.

So that being said, I know I will get more torque and horsepower just going to a 350 but that is not a option at this point in time.

What I'm looking for is any information from anyone that has turbocharged or supercharged a 283 street engine. Head, valve, chamber, combo's. Cam spec's maybe even some dyno numbers. Thanks and Have A Great Day.

Guest bouncer

Ok, 350 block and build a 302. Were would I find spacer bearings to run my forged small journal 283 crank? Where would I find 5.94 length rods to run 350 (1.561 compression height) pistons? I know the late model caprice engine ran that rod lenght but I would need spacer bearings to run them on the 283 crank. The 302 pistons are hard to find and if you do they are over $500.00 and will not work with my 60cc chamber heads.

The block I have now is a 1964-66 283 cast#3834810. It has the clearence in the block for a 327 crank. Boring this block to 4.00 should not be a problem since it was used for the 283 or 327. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.