HybridZ

n00b with a '78

schema

Hey gang! Just figured I'd post up and say Hi, signed up a while back but forgot about it the next day. Working on the restoration and buildup of a 77 Z . Headed to the shop to work on it now, but I'll be back in 3 hours to give you lots of pictures and updates in the build section.

In a nutshell;

Name is Adam, I'm in Rochester NY, where every Z is rusted to the bones..err...unibody. (any other Z'ers around here?)

Got the Z two months ago, it's down to it's frame right now.

Plans (i'll elaborate tonight);

Rotissarie(sp?) resto - all new metal,

frame rail extension, beefed up, and any other structural mods that will support more TQ to the chassis(that's what I joined here looking for)

This year it's gonna be all paint and body, get that squared away then winter '08 will be the LS2 out of a wrecked GTO. This year I'm throwing in a KA24DE I already have, I wanna drive the damn thing. :)

EDIT: My Hybrid Z build thread. Lots of pictures! ~~> http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=746037#post746037

C-Yas!!

-Adam

^ haha I hear ya man. I'm bustin my balls alone to get this thing drivable by mid summer. I'd LOVE throw the ls2 in there this summer as well, but I'm very realistic with budgeting what I can afford and how much work I can get done by summer. I can completley half-ass the body to make it look nice, but someone already did that and spent all of last night literally chipping away at about 1 inch of bondo that ran the length of the rail under each door. Friggin slackers, the rails weren't even that bad!

I'm getting pictures together now to start a thread in the builds, I'll copy a link over here and post up some of my other rides :)

^ Hey bud!

I'm familiar with ZCCR, saw you guys in Canadaigua last summer on a REALLY hot day when I was on my bike . Been waiting for your guy's site to come back up so I can join and meet some locals.

Back in the day I've worked with Mike T-sumthin, looks like he's the son of the zccr's president, he drives a blue 280, his dad a copper 350. Havent caught up with him for some time.

I'd love to meet up though. This Sat and Sunday I may have other responsibilites the majority of the day, but let me know where you're going to be and I'd love stop stop by. Any weekends after give me a heads up and I can lend a hand :)

Yeah sites been down for some time....someone hacked it and you know what that led to. John is the pres of the club who drives the 350z and has a series 1 240z that is getting a resto job as we speak.

ZCCR's Monthly Membership Meeting is every third Thursaday of the month.

PINEAPPLE JACKS at 485 Spencerport Rd. in Gates. As always, dinner starting at 6pm, meeting to follow at 7pm. Pineapple Jacks is located on Spencerport Road just west of the Long Pond Rd. intersection.

Looks like you want to go LS2 this winter 07?

Yeah sites been down for some time....someone hacked it and you know what that led to. John is the pres of the club who drives the 350z and has a series 1 240z that is getting a resto job as we speak.

ZCCR's Monthly Membership Meeting is every third Thursaday of the month.

PINEAPPLE JACKS at 485 Spencerport Rd. in Gates. As always, dinner starting at 6pm, meeting to follow at 7pm. Pineapple Jacks is located on Spencerport Road just west of the Long Pond Rd. intersection.

Looks like you want to go LS2 this winter 07?

Is that an invite to PJ's ? (I've been there a ton of times, know right where that is). I'd love to join.

As for the car, I will be diligently keeping an eye out for a wrecked GTO after the fall. I'm pretty good with time management and what I can get done. The car isn't going completey back to stock, and this year the heater core/ac will not be installed. (if you see the system in the pics you'd see why) . By June/July the car will be running with a KA motor so I can have a chance to take it out this year. I'm soley going to be working on the body. You won'r believe how misused the bondo was on this car. It was obviously restored by a weekend repair guy, so I plan to invest 90% of this year to frame and body, 10% engine, then come winter will be the other way around.

Anywho, just came from the shop 2 hours ago, and man o man, if you're playing with aircraft stripper, stand back. Phew!