HybridZ

LOKAR THROTTLE CABLE

I know some of you guys use them, question is how do you get enough pull out of the cable? I have it mounted as far out as i

could on the datsun pedal. It just doesnt have enough travel to get wide open on the carb.

Guest Anonymous

I placed a 1.5" spacer under the pivot mount for the pedal to move my pedal closer to the height of the brake pedal for heel/toe action. It also give the cable more travel motion.

Al

Al, by doing so does this cause a funny foot

position for driving at hwy speeds? I ask this because I have aftermarket seats and

a cage. I am as far back as i can go without

moving the back of the seat up which would

cause an uncomfortable driving position for

my back. I am thinking that i may have to

increase the length of the pedal or moving the carb connection close the the pivot point to get the full action.

Myron

Hi Myron.

You mention that you mounted it as far out on the pedal as possible. This statement makes it sound as if you are working with the wrong end of the throttle lever. (the side your foot touches) Wrong is probably too strong of a word, but anyway, its not what I did, and I don't have the problem. I used the end up high under the dash. You must cut the end off a little and bend the rod above the pivot about an inch, per JTR. This should give you about the right amount of pull. Slight adjustments can be made with the adjustable stop on the floor. Hope this helps.

Rob, It is mounted exactly where the factory

ball joint was. I drilled it out and fitted the lokar cable to it. It is just a little shy of full throttle. I will try adjusting

the throttle stop this weekend, to get it

working.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

on my 280ZX I needed extra travel for full throttle (took a few months to realize this), after maxing out the travel stop etc I reached down and pulled up on the gas pedal and progressively bent it up until I had enough travel, works fine for a few years now since that 'mod':-)

Ross Corrigan

280zx@home.com

(awaiting new username/etc)