HybridZ

Another newb making the plunge...

Hey guys, I'm new around here. I came across this site searching for info. I recently aquired an 85 300Z very reasonable.

I guess it blew a head gasket, and the guy took it all apart to try to fix it, and then realized he had no clue what he was doing.

So, I have a Z car in fairly good shape with the motor in pieces. All of those parts are going to find a new home, because I intend to drop a SBC 383 stroker in it very soon...

I am on here burning up the search button, trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can before I start hounding the vets with questions.

But hey, glad to be here, and I hope to be up and running very soon. :icon14:

I converted my existing 350 240Z to 383 and wish you luck with your swap. Take your time dude and do it right. I would suggest really documenting the crap out of the wiring as it will all be jacked up when you convert (depending on your build). Are you going with EFI or carb? If carb, you will be able to lose about 20 lbs. of wire and firewall parts you will no longer need. Seek and ye shall find on this site and that is no joke. I have never been let down by this crowd.

for now, to make this as easy as possible on me and my wallet, I am going carb. Later, I may megasquirt, but I learned already on previous projects, that a good fuel management system gets expensive real fast. I think for now at least, carb will be fine. I just want to get it up and running.

What rear end are you guys running? I heard that the non-turbo rear end in this car will shred under the brute force of the 383...