HybridZ

Fuel leak @ tank outlet elbow

Troutman

I sprung a leak at the outlet elbow on my fuel tank last night. It was cracked somewhere and somewhat repaired by a previous owner with a gob of JB weld. I managed to hit it while cleaning the underside in prep for paint.. I’m curious to know if this is a 2†(roughly)elbow that attaches to the outer shell of the tank, or is this elbow is the end of a longer line that goes down in tank? I’m trying to get an idea of what would be necessary in order to fix it. I plan on dropping the tank this weekend or coming week, and siphoning a full tank of gas.

Thanks

Todd

What year tank?

I know on my 240 tank the outer fill tubes are just soldered into a recessed cup which is in turn spot welded and soldered to the tank. The pick up tube inside the tank is solidly mounted to the recessed cup. You should be able to unsolder the external J shaped connector and replace it.

I took my fill assembly off the tank and can get you pictures of the pieces if you are interested.

But like I said, what year vehicle cause the fuel parts may be different on the fuel injected cars.