HybridZ

Auxilary Gauges question

sltn87

I just got done installing my APC vacuum gauge, in my auxilary gauge pod where the digital clock was. Does anyone know which color wire feeding the auxilary gauges is the wire I can tap into for power/lighting? Thanks in advance, I apologized if this has already been covered.

wrote this up for everyone on zcar.com not to long ago... enjoy! :)

This is on a early 1974 260z

OK, i ordered new autometer oil pressure/water temp electrical gauges and i am very pleased! Just to kind of centralize information...

The oil sender is 1/8" - 28 BSP

The water temp sender is M16 x 1.5

On a 4/74 (and i guess close models?) the gauges in the triple pod can be removed by removing the vent/heater control housing. you do not have to take out your whole dash! its kind of a tight fit but I'm used to that from installing car stereos.

Also, here is a drawing of the stock wiring if you want to wire your gauges in. i ran new sender wires b/c my stock gauge failed and didn't feel like hunting down the problem :)

729075.jpg

and then some pics of the car thus far with the gauges installed. hope this helps someone sometime in the future :)

729064.jpg

in that case, no idea. someone on here might have it but if not...

just use the process of elimination with a voltmeter.

1. Turn the car onto the on position. test the wires. if you get a 12+v, then you just found the IGN (+) and a ground. if you get a -12+v, then you have found them just reversed. mark them and move on.

2. Next, turn the lights on and test the remaining. Using the same method as step 1. when you get the voltage, mark it. now you have the LTE (+) and another ground.

3. if you are using the clock plug, it should not have the other two wires for signal wires so you should be all set.

hope this helps :wink: