HybridZ

My left fender

CalifaThugz

Hey like a week ago my wheel flew off of my Z in an autocross and the fender got crushed in like a foot or so and I was wondering what do you guys think might have gotten damaged? Next week I'm going to Azuza G.M.R.:flamedevi and I dont want to fall off the cliff racing down it at 80 mph. :burnout:

ah man there really is NO telling... if its just the fender no biggie.. i dont know how your brake lines are ran but you might want to check them for damage.. may have got kinked or pinched off... also if the car actually hit the ground after the tire came off check rotor and other components that could have hit the ground for damage... no other real ANSWER we can give you

or did a part/unit break. post some pix to help as well

Did any of the studs break? If not you might not have had them on all the way or tightened completely. Its amazing what vibration can do to bolts. They can seem tight and theyll just shake loose. Id guess that it would have fallen onto the brake rotor so the brake rotor could have bent or is now wedged on the studs from all the pressure.

How fast were you going when it "flew off"? Was the front valance smashed too?

Well the break rotor is okay but the little shield behind thing is scraped but not that bad... I checked the brake lines yesterday they were okay. I'm going to get steel braided brake lines but dont know where they might sell them for a 280z... I was going pretty slow... around 40-50 miles per hour... if the rim hadn't bent I probally wouldn't have Z anymore because it hit the chasis and then it just flew out...the front end went high in the sky and the back scraped a bit...

if the rim hadn't bent I probally wouldn't have Z anymore because it hit the chasis and then it just flew out...the front end went high in the sky and the back scraped a bit...

So the rim bent? Im not getting what exactly happened. Did the wheel hit the chassis or the ground hit the chassis?

Ah I'm sorry for not being so specific okay lets see...

I was doing a corner at around 40 mph the left wheel flew off.

The wheel bent the fender inwards.

The wheel went underneath the car's chasis and the wheel bent.

The front of my car when high in the air and the wheel hit the back tire.

The wheel hitting the back tire made the car go back down and the car went on 2 wheels for a little bit.

The disc didn't scrape the thing around it did forgot what it was called. the wheel that flew off I think got bent when it hit the chasis. because it popped my rear tire and the rim had jagged edges.

Sorry I cant make it clear Ill try and get the video of when it happened from my friend.