HybridZ

o2 senser wire

Help!! I cut the wire to my o2 and soddered it back together and the motor goes flat when the boost builds and will not rev out.Can an o2 senser have this muth effect? Is there any reason you can't sodder one?Its the only thing that happened after i turned the motor off the prior day.ANY CLUES?

Sorry, its an 83 turbo. It will rev to about 4k then go flat. It seems like it runs out of fuel.I changed the fuel filter and checked the timing.ajusted the afm. All electrical connecvtions seem good. All that happed from good to bad was the o2 wire. I thought that the o2 would mostly effect the mid range.I will recheck my soddering. Any other suggestions?

Recheck the push on connector to the O2 sensor be sure it isn't corroded. If I remember right when i replaced the one on my 81 turbo I cut the wire to change the end connector and crimped in a new piece of wire to fit the new style connector. So I doubt that is your problem. I seem to remember also that the z will run fine even without the O2 unit disconnected. My 83 isn't running at the moment so I can't verify that for you. I think I would recheck all your vacuum hose and electrical connections to make sure nothing got pulled off when you were working in the engine compartment. LUck