HybridZ

Body Kit Attachments

christoc

I called The Z Store today and asked this question, but I'm still not clear on things.

I have a 73 240Z, it had no body work on the front besides the fenders, so I took the headlight buckets, hood and the valence over the wiper motor from a 78 2+2. I was unable to get the lower section underneath the headlight bucket from the passenger side off the parts car due to rust and damage.

If I buy a body kit, MSA or similiar kits, will I be able to mount these kits without having that piece, on eitherside? Or do they generally require that bodywork to be there?

I was looking at this piece on ebay, and it looks like it actually replaces that lower section completely, which would come in very handy for me. Though I don't know the cars well enough to be sure of that yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150103505774&rd=1&rd=1

Thanks for any help

Chris

I called The Z Store today and asked this question, but I'm still not clear on things.

I have a 73 240Z, it had no body work on the front besides the fenders, so I took the headlight buckets, hood and the valence over the wiper motor from a 78 2+2. I was unable to get the lower section underneath the headlight bucket from the passenger side off the parts car due to rust and damage.

If I buy a body kit, MSA or similiar kits, will I be able to mount these kits without having that piece, on eitherside? Or do they generally require that bodywork to be there?

I was looking at this piece on ebay, and it looks like it actually replaces that lower section completely, which would come in very handy for me. Though I don't know the cars well enough to be sure of that yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150103505774&rd=1&rd=1

Thanks for any help

Chris

The pieces below the headlight buckets are the valance (I believe it's comprised of three pieces), and for most front air dams they are removed...but not all of them. It looks like the one from eBay requires the valance to be removed. It appears that it has the mounting tabs that allow it to be bolted to the bottom of the fenders.

I believe the piece that you refer to as the valance in your post is actually the cowl.