HybridZ

Need LS1 Swap advice/info

Hello all,

I have been lurking here for a while now, but I have now finally bought my own Z car. We have restored a number of classic cars including my 69 Camaro, 69 el Camino SS (brothers), 64 Impala SS (fathers) etc. etc. But never a non domestic.

Unfortunently I am new to the Z world and can use any and all information yall can throw my way for my upcoming project.

My car: 1976 280Z. Gutted, caged, fiberglass fenders. No motor, no trans, no rear diff.

IMG00145.jpg

My Plans: LS1/700R4 transplant. Sheetmetal dash/center console, Two race buckets....Street/Strip/Show car.

Can yall please send me any links that I will need for any information for a swap similar to mine?

Also, places that offer LS1 swap motor mounts, 700R4 swap info or anything LS1 swap parts related. Because I would MUCH rather buy the parts needed , then have to get them fabbed or fab myself.

Thank you for your time!:2thumbs:

Welcome to the forum. Your project looks interesting by the looks of the car you bought. It is a unibody, so I do hope there is minimal rust in the frame rails. You'll need an R200 from 280Z or an R200 VLSD from an Infinity Q45 if you plan on keeping the independent suspension in the rear. Just do a search (search function near the top of the screen) for R200 and Q45 to get the info---there's tons of it.

JCI (John's Cars) for the LS1 kit, JTR (Jags That Run) for the headers and other stuff like radiator install kits, etc. Use the search function to glean all that crazy info, then cut & paste to an MS Word document to read later.

Good luck with your project. Many guys have hyperlinks in their signatures--just click each one until you find some that come close. LSx pages are pretty scarce though. But here is one: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2505791/1

Davy