HybridZ

got a used turbo with .035 play in the shaft

nscason

ok i don't know a whole lot about turbos yet. i just got the turbo that is going to be used in my new motor build. it is a t3 and i do eventually plan on upgrading. it looks like its in good shape. there are no cracks or gouges that i can notice.

there is .035" of play in the shaft. ok you turbo guys. give me the news. is the shaft bad, bearings worn out or is that with in usable parameters? there also is a small nick on the inlet impeller. where the air filter goes. is that what that part is called? like a small pebble hit it. i haven't ever seen a turbo that wasn't bolted onto a motor so i don't know how much play should be there if any.

the guy i bought it from says he upgraded and that one worked fine. he never took it over 10psi either. could he be telling me the truth or did he lie out his ass? im pretty sure you guys can tell me all kinds about my situation. or is the turbo shot and i should just use it as a core for something better? do they sell the internal parts to rebuild the turbos??? thanks for any help you guys can give me.