HybridZ

Ford AOD install in a '78 280Z

Guest cleanzee

Guest cleanzee

Hello, I am new to Hybridz and would like to see if anyone out there has done a Ford AOD install on a 1978 280Z? I am installing a 320 horse fuel injected 5.0 and AOD. Will there be major clearance issues? Does anyone have any comments or suggestions? I will continue to search to make sure I'm not missing something, but I haven't seen this question yet. Thanks!

I would go T5, I think the extra weight youll save and the stick's sports car factor would be well worth it. I am in the process now of dropping in a SBC in my 74 260 and considered automatic but I went with the stick simply because my friend whos helping me had one stick that was too intense.

Hi Cleanzee and welcome here,

i agree on what Frosty383 said, get a T5, it is more fun to drive, my 302/T5 swap is complete and i'm havin alot of fun drivin it, i wouldn't swap the T5 for an AOD no matter what happens. well, this stays my personal opinion and it's up to you :)

welcome again

Guest cleanzee

Hey guys thanks for the replies..I am now considering doing the T-5. Will the pedals from my '83 280ZX Turbo fit in the '78 280Z? What about the 5spd from the '83, will it work or can it be adapted to the 5.0? I have an awestome '83 turbo 280ZX that's totaled in the front. Runs great, 4 wheel disc, p/s, p/b, loaded! will these things swap over? Thanks again!