HybridZ

UPDATE!!!-Wheel Alternative for the Z

Well I called Bogart Racing Wheels today and spoke with "Rich" the owner, after sharing with him the needs, wants and desires of many of us at HybridZ, Rich proceeded to "Educate" me as to what his company does and for whom! First, DOT cert. is only required for Commercial vehicles 16" and bigger. Bogarts Drag race wheels are NOT reccomended for the street and will FAIL given time. They can produce a "street" wheel using 2 or 3 piece version of their Road Race wheels. These are KILLER wheels, check them out at www.bogartracingwheels.com. Wheel sizes are in 1/2" increments and so are back spacings! Four or five lug, it does'nt matter! Their most expensive wheel is $500 bucks and that's for a 17"X17" rim! Finally, they are a manufacturing contractor for several BIG name wheel companies, can you say "MOMO" and "MONOCOQUE". For more info call "Rich" at (619)596-7605. If enough people are interested, we could do a group buy!

Mark 2thumbs.gif

i can already get close to 20% off their "list" prices. there is LIST then RACER NET and then wholesale.

i will be buying another set in about a month so if there are others interested let me know and i can order them at the same time

Guest Anonymous

I'd go for a set of the drag-on stars (import) shown on their site. 15/16x10's w/ 3.5/4" backspacing w/ 4-lug to fit a '79 ZX pattern.. preferably :D

If I could get a set for < ~$1000, I'd definitely get on that deal, either with mike or z-dreamer. Otherwise I'll just be looking for a good set of centerlines...

-980mak rockon.gif

nono.gif Any purchase requests should be fowarded to Mike/SCCA, :D he can get a 20% discount on list prices. I'm just a info geek ugg.gif trying to expand our options! 2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif

980mak, Rich at Bogart Racing Wheel said the Drag-on Star Series is for "DRAG RACE ONLY" and will "FAIL" given time on the street. But "street worthy" wheels can be made, give them a call before ordering. I hope this helps! Rich was very helpful and willing to answer any of my questions.

Mark 2thumbs.gif

Originally posted by Z-Dreamer:

Oh DavyZ... Are you listening?

Yeah, I'm listening! For the money I think I would rather give the Americans the money instead of the Japanese tuner companies. Still, it's going to be a while....still need a 240Z first...Mike D(73BOTIZ), are you listening? :D

What excites me is the real possibility of having a unique, good looking wheel that will fill some wide fenders. Shoot, I won't even have to change to a 5 lug pattern after all.

Davy

Guest Anonymous

I'm definitely interested in the 16" RR10. I don't know what width would fit in my Z though. Any idea what the price would be for a 16x8?