HybridZ

Eibach Pro Kit Q's - It's a little long, but help needed!

Just got finished installing a new suspension for my 240 this past weekend, but I've got this nagging feeling in the back of my head that won't quit. I used Tokico's, Suspesion Tec sway bars, and Eibach Progressive springs. When they arrived, there were no papers or anything in them to state which were front or rear, and more importantly, which is up or down. Called MSA and they said to install it with the Eibach print on the spring right side up. Does that sound right? Now that they are on, the fronts have the tighter wound coil at the bottom and the rears have the tighter wound section on the top...Is this normal. The car sits right and looks right. Haven't been able to test it yet, because no exhaust on the car... frown.gif

Any thoughts?

Guest Anonymous

Eibach springs are great! Good choice. I have a set of Eibachs on my coil-overs.

The tighter wound portion of the spring always goes on top. However the leters are supposed to read right side up. twak.gif Some idiot placed the text wrong. Are they all the same size (dia, and length) and the same lbs.? if so then don't worry too much. If they are diffrent heights and lbs. change the springs accordingly. i.e. higher lbs in the rear, taller set in the rear.

Eibach is usually really good about that kind of stuff, I don't understand why they would not send information. Also, try calling the 800 # to Motorsport Auto in So. Cal., they usually can help out with stuff since they sell those types of parts. Good luck!

Nic