HybridZ

Update March 25, 2007

With school ending and looking for a job and thinking about taking the GMATs becoming hard to find time to travel and work on the car. BUT....I will get it done! :-)

This past weekend I was able to pull the tank so I can ship it out to have the sump made and tank restored which should only take a week. Fuel lines and fittings were ordered today. FPR and FP ordered so this takes care of the fuel system. I am waiting for my harness which should be here in another week. Lots of little things to do but it is coming together. This weekend spend some time bolting in the cage and mounting the seats. The seats are mounted with the stock 240z rails and came out really well. This idea was that of David aka 1tuffz. For the pasn seat we took two of the "free" sliding sliders and moved the mounting points toward the tranny tunnel. After this was done, a hole was drilled and a screw placed to fix the seat in place. So basically the pasn seat is fixed in place all the way back. For the drivers seat aas you can see from the pic, the adj slider is mounted upside down and the bolts that hold the rails to the seat and to the body are reversed. In other words you can press the bolts out and place them in other sets of holes on the same rail. I can adj my driver seat as far back as the second to last point or lock position (why not all the way back? the back of the seat hit the cage) This is ok becauase I fit and so did David who is over 6 feet. OK OK PICS ->

Picture_0453.jpg

Picture_0531.jpg

Picture_0472.jpg

The plan of attack now.....since I have to go home for a job interview this week I will lose another weekend to work on the car. So I am ordering everything now to get a massive work weekend in 2 weeks from now. The harness should be back, tank, lines and everything else needed. I will have the motor wired up by the same person who did David's car. Pull the motor after and throw the SS brake lines and put the motor back in. As for the Q45 rear end, I have most of what I need except front mount and axles. To make more pressure on myself, the car is scheduled for Dyno tune and cam job on May 14th. So back to gettin it done.

You got a busy schedule !!!But, you are making things happen. Are you getting your harness from Speartech? My reason for asking, I sent my PCM to Speartech and ordered a harness about a month ago and hopefully should be ready soon. By the way, I like those MOMO seats and the slider mod.

Are you getting your harness from Speartech? By the way, I like those MOMO seats and the slider mod.

Yeah, I bit the bullet and shelled out the money for it. I do not have time to sourse a Ls1 harness and so on. I am also hoping to get it within the next week and half. Thanks about the seats...I have to loss alil weight cause it is a TIGHT fit lol. I am 5'10 205lbs but hey they look good and have enough clearance for the doors and cage....I love it! Hows your car coming along?

Coming along slow !!! Saturday, layed out the few lines before we installed in car (Steel Braided engine bay, new hardlines lines to tank and then GM fuel injection hose at tank) and I ended a few -6an couplers and adapters short. Went down to Summit today and picked them up. I am waiting for the harness and then I am dropping motor in and hooking up accessories. I bought a Longacre carbon fiber ignition switch panel with toggles !!!! I am planning ahead for the electric part with the new electric harness.

• 2 weeks later...
did u leave space for the center console???

and put some primer on that floor before it starts to look like mine!!!

Will do sir, I have to get the rails welded first then I will address that.

Update pic alone with the seats in the thread:

Picture_0661.jpg

• 11 months later...