HybridZ

Outer Control Arm Bushing Parts

I'm ordering new spindle pins/lock pin/washers/bolts/etc for my rear suspension tear down on my 280z. I will be installing the energy suspension outer control arm bushings.

While jotting down the parts on the black dragon auto site - I saw part number "54" labeled as "Rubber Bushing" on page 89. Is this part required if using the energy suspension bushings? I was about to order them, but decided to ask the question. If I don't need them it'll save me $8.

Here is a link to page 89 of the catalog showing a picture of what I'm talking about.

http://www.blackdragonauto.com/icatalog/z/0089.asp

Thanks for the help.

I just did this swap. If you buy the complete kit from summit all you need will be provided (parts 53-56). I can not tell what the one part you referenced is. But I did not need anything extra. I did not have a hard time removing the spindle pin. I used a large bolt with the same diameter and lightly tapped with a mallet. It was slow going but the did come out. I also soaked with penetrating oil overnight. I did have a very hard time with the mettle sleeves. I cut a slit in each one but was unable to remove them. I resorted to having a shop press them out. One thing others do that I did not was to have a shop drill a hole to insert a Zirk fitting so that you can lube the bushings in the future. When you install the bushings be sure to freeze them overnight. When I did it it was hot out and the last two had warmed up. I would suggest bringing them outside two at a time. Also while you have all the parts off put a coat of paint on them. Follow the outline on Blues Tech Tips from AtlanticZ as well as the microfiche. Also be sure to bag everything. I thought this would take me a long three day weekend. But ended up being 4-5 weekends working for half days. By the time I returned I was glad I had labeled freezer bags. I installed the urethane bushings, Tokico’s, and Arizona Z Car springs. The rear is much stiffer, the front still bounces like a trampoline.