HybridZ

78 280z

Rhnmsf

hey.....i just got a 1978 280z with th black pearl paint from my uncle.....he got it at first to swap the engine into his 82 280zx but never got down to it........well im guessing the car was wrecked....there is no front bumper...a 240z fender and some frame damage....it doesnt look too bad though...it is right in front of the shock tower.... i need to get a radiator, ignition coil, rebuild the FI's and have the frame taken care of in order to have it driveable......i was wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost to get all this dont...i can do everything exept the frame.....and i was also wondering how much torque the car has...it says it has 170 hp in the engine compartment...but i cant find anything that says how much torque it has

It says 160hp under the hood of my Black Pearl.. Less I'm mistaken.

Is yours originally black?

Heres a chart of the stock 78 L28's output:

dyno-l28-stock.gif

Talk about torque!

BTW mine has been in more serious accidents than I even know about (at least three) and is still almost dead straight. You might be OK.

yep mine is originally black with the stock pinstriping and everything...paint is fried though...so i will have it redone eventually....and try to get the pinstriping back on.....

and the damage to the frame isnt affecting anything critical.....but it messes up the way the quarter panel and hood fit......

well i just found out that i will be moving to FL sometime this month so i dont know if i will be able to keep the car.....i might ship it down and continue to work on it or i will look for one in tampa if anyone knows if there are any for sale.......i would love to keep it.......but i need to figure out how much it is going to cost in the end.....

well i just found out that i will be moving to FL sometime this month so i dont know if i will be able to keep the car.....i might ship it down and continue to work on it or i will look for one in tampa if anyone knows if there are any for sale.......i would love to keep it.......but i need to figure out how much it is going to cost in the end.....

I've been looking all over the state for a 240 with not much luck for those in good shape.

I will however be getting a 78 280z pretty soon. It currently doesn't run and does have rust, but I really think it is fixable. I'm probably going to sell it or just keep it for parts.

heh.....well i decided that i am going to keep th car and restore it with my dad...but before i can even get started...does anyone know te average price to have the frame straightned?....the lower frame rail is bent right in front of the shock tower....i will try and get some pics of it sometime....

I've been looking all over the state for a 240 with not much luck for those in good shape.

I will however be getting a 78 280z pretty soon. It currently doesn't run and does have rust, but I really think it is fixable. I'm probably going to sell it or just keep it for parts.

well if you decide to sell it wait till i get down there:smile: