HybridZ

took a gamble on the corvette oil pan

looks like it fits pretty nicely in my car. id say it almost looks like its ment for this car. it nice to know i wont have to worry about ground clearence. the subframe drops alittle lower than the oil pan so that will take the hit and protect the oil pan. my engine mounts will be custom becuase with the turbo im running and the limited space in the engine compartment. never thought id be running out of engine space in a z.

447757883_5d91c455f0.jpg

447757867_ae1f0ef2ca.jpg

447757875_e2bf1decc1.jpg

447757877_f55dc6d50f.jpg

Looks good but I am sure you are not putting the motor all the way back. I had my motor all the way back up against the fire wall and I know the ears will rub the T/C mounts. If you put turbos in this Z I would think you need all the space up front so you can fit the turbos, intake duct, radiator, I/C pipings etc. Good luck.. I am interest in seeing how you fit everything in there.

u are correct. the reason for this is that im running a t56 and for the shifter to come out properly it needs to be a little bit forward. i actaully have the engine alittle further back than the final location. from all the pictures iv seen the oil filler should line up wiht the center of the strut tower. heres a picture fromt he firewall

447853182_2ac8adc23a.jpg

btw i was fooling around with the turbo location and it looks like i may have to cut a hole in the wheelwlel to run the intake to the turbo, but it will fit. im also gunna have to hack of the bottom of the alternator bracket to run some piping. its gunna be a tight fit!

When there is a will there is a way. If I were in your situation I will find ways to fit everything in there too. This will require some creativity on your part and good fabrication skills. I wish you good luck and please keep the pictures coming.

PS. Maybe next project I will do something like this. I didn't realize you are in Rockville MD. Maybe I will drive down and check out your project sometime.

How are you going to route your exhaust? Underneath those wings? I would think the starter will preclude running it over and behind the wing.

On my motor the bellhousing hangs as low as the F body oil pan. The tilt of the engine needed to get the driveline angles right makes the bellhousing the lowest thing in the drivetrain.

Guess the T56 is different.

Pop,

I already mentioned about the trouble with exhaust routing with this oil pan on another post. There will be no room to run your exhaust on both sides. the stock C5 exhaust run on top of those wings and to the outside of the starter and oil filter. As you can see you have no room to do this on either side. On the passenger side in front of the wing there is an openning but that's where your engine mount is. On the driver side you have the steering shaft in front of the wing. This is why I am very interested in seeing how everything comes together with his project.

In looking at pictures of my setup I don't see how you can run the exhaust under the oil pan. So your only option is to run on top of those wings and to the back. This means you will have to cut 2 holes at the bottom of trans tunnel to run the exhaust there. If I remember correctly the lower corner of the trans tunnel on the driver side is where your gas pedal sits. I can see you have some tought road to cross. GL

How are you going to route your exhaust? Underneath those wings? I would think the starter will preclude running it over and behind the wing.

On my motor the bellhousing hangs as low as the F body oil pan. The tilt of the engine needed to get the driveline angles right makes the bellhousing the lowest thing in the drivetrain.

Guess the T56 is different.

i noticed that yesterday. its likely that ill have to hack off the pass. side wing to route the exhuast. the down pipe is 3.5 inches so im gunna have a hell of a time getting it all to fit.

VinhZXT: anytime you wana come check it out just drop me a line, i actaully go to school at shippensburg university which is about 2 hours west of you.

although in the pictures it looks like they alternator might hit the turbo, i asure you it wont. the way i plan on running the belt there should be a good amount of clearence so the belt doesnt get fried. with the power steering pump out of the way and the bracket cut i should have plenty of space for the drives side header. the passengers side will be a little trickier but its looking good. the cold side and center section will have to be reclocked because right now the center section is up side down. i havent gotten the turbo flange yet (of corse ups says it will be here the day after i have to be back at school) but these picturs should help you understand how im gunna set everything up.

448504373_9a31a784ca_b.jpg

448504309_c6997c6333_b.jpg

448504349_79c0176de7_b.jpg