HybridZ

Ka24e <--> Ka24de

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HAMOK

Im about to do this in my 74 260 , there is a few things you have to look out for , the main one is the adapter plate you will have to make ( i can take a pic of mine i made a few years ago ) then you have to use all of you're dohc timing chain and guides , however on the sohc front lower timing chain cover you will have to trim a little to clear the lower dohc tentioner ( i cant remember why the sohc lower tentioner doesnt work) and you're stock injectors will not work , when i did this head swap in 03 i used 320cc sr injectors and an apex afc and it ran great . let me know if you have any questions about the swap .

• 4 months later...
Guest nissan1995

no the KA24DE is dual cam and the KA24E is single cam to turn the KAe to a KAde the u have to swap everything from the gearbox and up from the DE to the E

Look for a guy named Derick Greaser (or forum name normaly "Greaser") most likely place to find the info is http://www.ka-t.org hes also known to troll the http://www.dragva.com forums as well as Zilvia (rarely) Guys done mostly everything with a KA but when i had my shop open we were working with him regularly and we talked about this and came to the conclusion that after he did it it was a POS and wasnt worth the work, the fact that KA blocks can be had for 50 bucks (with the head) makes this the dumbest idea ever (no offense your not the first one to bring it up so its not you thats dumb) =) just get a KA24DE and call it a day..

-PSi