HybridZ

250mm Exedy clutch

Quagmire

Oddly enough, from what I've seen torque ratings are higher on the 240 mm clutches than the 250 mm clutches. You would think having a bit more leverage would make for more holding capacity but all of the 250's I've seen have always been rated lower than the 240 of the same "stage".

What year is you Z31?

I asume since you are looking for a 250mm clutch you have a 87-88.

don't ask me why but evry one rates thier 90-96 300ZX Twin Turbo clutcher higher than the 87-88 clutches.

90-96 TT's use a 250mm clutch that will bolt to your flywheel and the trannys are the same.

It's an 84 engine and T5 tranny fitted with 250mm clutch and flywheel. I have a Exedy oem clutch kit and was wondering if I could fit a 240mm Organic plate to take more torque as I have a new one lying around? would this combo be ok?

well, all the Z31 trannys have the same size & spline input shaft, so your 240mm disk would fit there, and as long as your Flywheel & pressure plate clamp the disc and there is no interferance, with the disc hub. everything should fit and work. but I have no idea on holding power

most all of the 90-96 Z32 TT 250 MM clutches use a SUPPER strong pressure plate to get the higher holding power because the TT Z32 uses a power boosted clutch master cylinder.

I don't know why 240mm Z31 cluthes are rated higher than the 250mm units, but it's probably in the pressure plate also.