HybridZ

Another set of Sportmax Wheels Mounted

What type of suspension are you running? I am thinking of running similar wheels. I have tokico hp shocks and tokico lowering springs. Also are those the 16x8 +0 offset wheels? Either way they look great. good luck on your build.

I'm using Suspension Techniques springs and Tokico HP cartridges all around. Your tokico springs will give about the same ride height. the wheels came from the group buy: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=118865

To continue on my progress, I did some work this weekend on my fender lips. I didn't originally roll the passenger side as well as the driver's side and was getting some ugly scrapes when the suspension compressed over some bumps in the road.

After this weekend's work to roll the fenders, I no longer have any clearance issues. I've hit some good dips at speeds that would have shredded my tires before, but now I have no issues.

While coilovers are still in my future, my current suspension setup is working for me right now.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using Suspension Techniques springs and Tokico HP cartridges all around. Your tokico springs will give about the same ride height. the wheels came from the group buy: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=118865

To continue on my progress, I did some work this weekend on my fender lips. I didn't originally roll the passenger side as well as the driver's side and was getting some ugly scrapes when the suspension compressed over some bumps in the road.

After this weekend's work to roll the fenders, I no longer have any clearance issues. I've hit some good dips at speeds that would have shredded my tires before, but now I have no issues.

While coilovers are still in my future, my current suspension setup is working for me right now.

Just wondering, what tool are you using for rolling your fenders? I will be purchasing a set of the 002's or the KONIG Rewinds in 15"x8 or 15"x7 and want to roll my fenders but have never done this before. I have HP's with Eibach springs.

( Also, if anyone lives in SoCal or near-by . . . San Diego, LA . . . could you maybe help me do this for a few beers? haha BEERS AFTER THE ROLLIN. )

While my project is still in the resto stage, I can't help but drool over some nice wheels.

I'm also wondering what you guys used to roll the fenders? I tried the baseball bat method for mine but the old fenders have some thick metal on them and I couldn't get the leverage I needed to roll them.

I started with a hammer and a the edge of a small block of wood to get the edges moving, then moved to baseball bat. I used the wheel and tire as leverage for the bat. If you're worried about your paint, this isn't the best way to do it.

Recently, however, i got a good deal on a fender lip roller and went back over my original work with it. This tool works much better if you can find one. You can also supposedly use a heat gun on the lip to keep from killing the paint. I wasn't really worried about this on mine.