HybridZ

noise filter

kvansic162

On my data logs, after the car has warmed up, the MAP, RPM , and CLT , and O2 has crazy up and down spikes. The TPS read is fine. I just want to eliminate all posibilities. I have mutiple grounds going to the relay board, I am using ngk resister plugs and magnecor wires. I am using all premade harnesses from DIYauto tune. My last resort would be a defective unit. I don't see any resets, which is a good thing. Over kill is better than under kill.

If those magecore wires are solid wires for a hot spark, then they're meant for carbed engines, as non-spiral wound wires will introduce a huge amount of of EMI into the system. Megasquirt uses less than one amp of +12 volts just to run the internal components. The high current MS draws is from ground, as it supplies ground to external components (such as the injectors and coil) rather than +. Ignition noise is the most common problem, and that's generally caused by "hot" wires. Second up is noise from the alternator. Check out MSEFI.com for lots more info, as there are other people who have had this problem, not just us Z guys. Good luck!

If the MAP and RPM have crazy up and down spikes, but the car is running just fine with out misses or odd behaviour, then the interference would seem to be in the serial communication between MS and the laptop. Maybe that is what you determined already. I just wanted to know more when I read the crazy spikes on so many critical signals.

Well I installed the noise filter and no change. The readings on the datalog look crazy. Maybe Mobythevan is correct. As far as Magnecore wires,eveyone told me to use them so I did. I notice the car will idle fine evenafter warm up. If I turn the car of a start it again it will idle real lean. What would I want to adjust in this case?