HybridZ

THe continuation of Sixgun's RB 74 260Z

Well Tuesday 4/10/07 I flew down to Georgia to pick up my newest project ride. I found this diamond in the rough on another forum sitting pretty in the Car Classifieds section located about an hour south of Atlanta. 219 dollars and 2 hours later I was on my way down cash in pocket to drive this beast 13 hours back to my home state of jersey.....

The general Mods list...

Custom Sheetmetal Widebody kit

Panazsport wheels

Fuel Cell

Custom Dashboard

Autopower Roll bar

RB25det Moto

RB20 Trans

Custom Driveshaft

R200 Rear diff

Full autometer Guages

Carbon Mirrors

Painless Wiring harness

While it sounds impressive there is still a lot of work to be done...

Here is how it sits now...

Z.jpg

Z1.jpg

teaser.jpg

Very appealing on the outside however there is still a lot of work to get done....

For 1--- the widebody/paint was done in 79.... so it needs a lot of freshining up. There is surface rust in some places and some cracks that need to be patched up. No big deal

2) The car has no blinkers, heat, reverse lights, tach signal, speed signal, fuel guage---soo all that needs to be wired

3) The car is open Dumptube which is LOUD AS HELL---so I will be rolling to Andy @ xotics new shop to take care of a fresh new custom 3" downpipe and exhaust.

4) The original customizer (I am the 3rd owner) put in a custom sunroof. ALWAYS A BAD IDEA> so I have it taped off for now until I can get the roof welded and painted in one piece again

First order of business is to De-stickerify and De-Tint this bitch...and put my fresh black corbeau seats in...

Plans include:

1) custom hood mount to allow for a front mount intercooler,

2) AVC-R and Power FC tune

3) fresh white paint

4) Work VX 17x10 wheels all around

5) Vent the fuel cell

6) Greddy intake manifold

Wish List:

GT3076R

Turbosmart 38 Wastegate

Fullrace topmount manifold

HKS 264 cams

HKS cam gears

Supertech Valvetrain

• 1 month later...

So after 60 hours of prepwork the car is finally in for paint. Here are some pics:

prepwork.JPG

prepwork1.JPG

prepwork2.JPG

Also, picked up a 3" Apexi Carbon Ti Muffler that will be attached to 3" dP and exhaust....

carbonmufflerTi%5B1%5D.JPG

Car will be in paint until roughly June 15th. As soon as I get it out it will be heading right to the exhaust shop.

Greddy intake manifold, FMIC and boost controller are next on the list....so STay Tuned!