HybridZ

what is this part and where to get one?

New2TheZ2006

Okay, the spring on the throttle that returns it to starting position when you let off the accelerator. It hook to the arm at the front end of the throttle linkage to a point bellow it.

I tried to bend a new one and sliced my thumb in two. Now I still need this spring and dont want to keep breaking tempered springs and slicing myself up. Ideas on what the spring is called and where to get one with the right tension?

Help

Thanks

Jon:-x

Guest Denzo

God I feel your pain -- this same spring has caused me a proverbial shitload of headaches -- the spring was worn on my 78 and was causing my Z to occasionally idle WAY high -- initially leading me to think it wasnt something so simple but perhaps the autochoke ( L28i, efi first year) or mass airflow going bonkers...

Just the other weekend after some coffee and a bowl of cereal i went out to my z hell bent on fixing this issue.

The remedy : I went to a hardware supply store, and purchased about 15$ worth of springs all of varying weight and length.

After about 2hrs of testing and feel(pedal to the metal) I finally decided on a strenght and tensile weight.

Whats nice is my Z is now more responsive and throttle control is even better then prior to the OEM spring wearing out :D

Never under estimate a local hardware store ;)