HybridZ

HELP! OK, now I am worried about my spring rates again.

Someone please help me feel better about this - I just installed 225 front and 250 rear springs. This is based on several old posts, particularly one of my own ( http://www.hybridz.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000952). I am about to get the MSA set of swaybars and a front strut bar. I will eventually be stiffening the chassis with a cage and possibly structural foam. The car will mostly be a street terror but will probably see some road race 'fun days' and autocross practice events just to work on my skills. I was under the impression that heavier springs should be used with the V8 conversion, but based on some discussions, I'm wondering if what I've chosen is too much. Should I exchange the springs for something like 200 front and 225 rear? This is a decision I have to make now, before I actually use the springs on the street. I don't want to wait too long to do the exchange or they might not take the springs back. Thanks.

Guest Anonymous

Stick with what you got. I have run 225 lbs on all four corners for several years. I use the car like you plan to use yours and It is just what I need. If I ever changed the springs the only thing I would do differently is put a little stiffer spring on the rear. You'll love the car. Mark

Good! That actually does help me feel a bit better... I forgot to mention that my unsprung weight should be going up a bit as I am planning on running some fatter wheels and tires, something in the 8-10 inch range, with some ZG flares on the car... i will be swapping to rear discs and Mike's stage 2 fronts eventually. Anyone else have any input?

Don't get so caught up in making sure you have "the right setup."

It's your car. If you are having fun, roll with it.

I have coilovers on my car, but I have no idea of their spring rates.

I love the way it handles and I love the way it looks. Does it ride rough? Hell yeah. And I love it.