Guest Thurem

Guest SpudZ

I know a few people who are using a hydraulic line lock to set the

brakes.

Had one of them on one of our work trucks and it held

the 2800 gallon water truck with no problem. Only had one incident

with the line lock when I had a fill hose hooked to our helicopter

and the truck started to roll on me . I sure made sure I pumped the

line pressure up after that before I set the lock.

Guest Anonymous

It seems like they would be too big for the rear, but I guess you could use a small caliper.

Otherwise, I love the concept and if one can match up some dimensions close enough and do some minimal machining it seems like it would work.

Guest Anonymous

It seems like they would be too big for the rear, but I guess you could use a small caliper.

Otherwise, I love the concept and if one can match up some dimensions close enough and do some minimal machining it seems like it would work.

Guest scca

i really dont think it will work on a Z anyway........

i saw that about a year ago - i have a friend who is a wilwood WD, but i doubt that it will work on a rear stub the same

Originally posted by Jim Powers:

Isn't Pete Paraska using this very thing with his Z?

No - Pete is using the Wilwood Spot Calipers for his e-Brake:

Wilwood Spot Calipers

The setup above is a drum-in-hat e-brake. I've often thought that would be a nice way to go. Might take a bit of engineering to fit one of these to a z though...

That's the way the parking brake works on the Lincoln Versailles (Ford 9") rear axle. (Holy Grail among 1963 1/2 Galaxie Racers)

Same inside-the-hat parking brake setup is also used on ealy 80's Toyota Supra and Cressida (aka Lexus) rear disk brakes.... got real interested when I saw they have 4 x 4.5" wheel lug cicle and vented rotors. Would be nice if they were adaptable to a Z.

Guest Thurem

Guys,

This could be an almost bolt on affair. I just went and took off a wheel and took some measurements with the sewing kit tapemeasure(not too damn accurate, so please chime in with accurate measurements.). Please look at Wilwood R. brake kit then check out the exploded diagrams and housing flange id chart. To me it looks like the Nissan engineers might have just copied the rear brake off of a Ford. I measured the boltpattern on the housing flange as 9cm by 6cm this comes to 3.54" by 2.36", this is within a gnats hair of the big ford diagram. I also got the offset from the backing plate to the wheelflange to about 5cm, then add the thickness of the backing plate(which I could not maesure) and you get about 2.1 or 2.2" offset, also very close to the big ford offset of 2.36" maybe a thin spacer underneath the brakehat could take that up. So please anyone with their car apart doing a brake conversion take some accurate measurements, cause this would rate a 10 on the cool stuff scale. I also called wilwood and they told me the disc is 12.19" x 0.81" and the hat to disc boltpattern is 8 on 7.80". Wheel bolt pattern is a multiple setup with one being 5 on 4.5, ideal for that 5 lug conversion. Tell me what you think.

Thure