HybridZ

MS-II Calibrating thermistor data?

cygnusx1

There is a tool built into MS-II for entering three point readings of a thermistor. When I enter the data for my ZX head temp sender, it generates data. Is it creating a data map for the values I entered and loading them to the ECU? Can I confirm that the proper values got into the ECU? There is no feedback that the upload was successful.

When you get your harness built, you can test the whole thing on the bench. At that point you can see if the temp display in MT is correct.

You are using the head sensor as the CLT input to MS? The head sensor is not submersed in coolant, right? I have never used the head sensor at the CLT input. It should work, but I don't for sure if the algorithms in MS that use CLT as an input will behave 100% correct all the time using the head temp.

Yes I am substituting a properly submerged coolant temp sensor for a dry head temp sensor to save.....$20-$30....I know it's sophomoric but I am such a rebel. Personally, I think the actual aluminum temperature is more informative about the combustion process than coolant. Coolant would have a natural lag. However, to your point, the algorythm in MS is probably programmed FOR the coolant temp behavior and may not translate well to a dry head temp sensor. Understanding your point and still trying it is my little experiment. It's an easy enough thing to remedy should I run into issues during warmup and load changes.