HybridZ

Su Oil

rchrd989

So recently I finished my engine ground up build and got it in the car. everythings hooked up and I got it running. while i was in the process of adjusting timing, air fule mixutre and syncronizing the carbs i noticed liquid on my exaust manifold burning off, at first i thought it was gas dripping from somehwere and that wasnt the case, i turned off the Z and checked around, there was oil underneath my balance tube, on my exaust manifold, backside of my individule air filters and on the engine bay wall on the driver side, i noticed that while reving these droplets appeared, so i took the tops off my carbs and pulled the slides out, there is oil getting into my mixture from the oil in my slides! i assumed that maybe i had to much in there, so i empteid them out and put new oil in there, i filled them up to the second line and made sure each slide felt the same going up, i started my Z up again and it does it again! its almost as if the oil is comming from my balance tube, I thought about changing the oil with atf to make sure that the oil i have splattering is from the carbs, so insted of having oil everywhere id have red oil everywhere,

what should I do? :?:

thanks guys

Richard

yea i think im going to try that tomorrow since i have a day off, i guess im just happy thats its not making its way into the engine and burning it, but then again its getting splatterd everywhere! Ill post tomorrow after i try atf and write my results

SO i found the problem, I empied my carbs dampening oil and i put ATF in my carbs. I started up my car and let it run for awhile and gave it some gas and yada yada. i noticed the oil collecting wasnt red! so i looked really hard everywhere and coudn't find anything. So i noticed these two threaded holes next to two studs on my cylinder head, i grabbed a small allen and enough said the allen went in the hole a few inches! the oil was coming form these holes. I looked at my spare heads and neither of them had these holes.

http://a472.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/26/l_30cc7ed105c0ad8b8bf3477c4fed23ef.jpg"

Its an E88 that i bought from the guy on ebay that sells alot of remanufactured heads. I ended up taking a metric bolt, cutting the head off, cutting it in half and cut a groove for a screwdriver in each to plug the holes. actually worked pretty good.